Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A party to remember....!!!




Here's a page from my memory!

Dated: 14th feb 2004,pune
Venue: my flat (Bhosari colony)
Occasion Valentine's Day!!
Time: Evening

… It was the St's day when me n my spinster frnds got together and thought of having our own party at my flat….so what if we were single… boys r not always needed…!! So here's the run to D-day and the events that happened……………. hihihi ….

13th Feb: Fergusson College… I as per my regular routine met my very close frnd Nibedita at zoology department (now a lecturer… wonder how guys manage to keep their eyes off her! Pity on their gfs… hihihi)… met Sandeep my best frnd n bro, n his bcs depart gang… spoke to them for a while – took the shortcut… came to the p.g of Roopsa (remember the resemblance incident?? Yes… the very same girl)… So there me, Roopsa and one more frnd Sukanya (lil abt her: she was this highly sophisticated, good looking hot 'babe'- the only thing I cud see whenever I used to enter her room was all kind of face packs, branded shampoos, conditioners, cosmestic, herbal products, never seen clothes – in short the ultra trendy uptown girl)… so where was I…..yeah… ok… then we carefully listed the things that
will be required for the party to rock literally... here it is

1) rum – old monk-1 bottle
2)beer - kingfisher strong-3 bottles
3)vodka - white mischief-2 bottles
4)lemons -half a dozen
5) cigarettes – gold fake regular – 2 packs
6) chips n other salty n spicy eatables.

[we missed out one very important point here – who will buy what , where n when??]

Thereafter we went to our humdrum Triveni… had hot samosa's like everyday… sat for hrs, checked out few good guys here n there ;) … then headed towards our nests…

Here at our flat we were 3 – my didi (Anwesha), minki di (student of symbiosis college) n me... they were quite excited abt the whole affair.....

14th Feb: Afternoon

we all attended our respective classes (had to fulfill 75% attendance requirement)... fortunately I wasn't having my geology practs but Sukanya n Roopsa had their chemistry practs… so had to wait for them... meanwhile met all my frnds frm arts ,chem.,bcs,botany n electronics departments… not in any specific order… ( me being a social animal, you c!! ….) According to our plan our meeting point was Sagar Arcade at sharp 6 p.m… for the first time the plan worked out n we were together – thanks to Sukanya's lil brain which worked a bit we got the record player... few assorted n otherwise cassettes… then we immediately took an auto. On our way we decided to look out for liquor shops. Luckily it wasn't a dry day... Suddenly our eyes set on a shop near Kothrud… asked the autowala bhaiya to stop infront of the shop for 5 mins... (that means 5 mins=15 mins minimum,25 min max)… for a moment he was shocked to see 3 girls walking towards the shop… so was the shopkeeper who saw us coming… we stood there for a minute, totally blank staring at each other… dunno wot to say??? We waited for the guys and uncles standing there at the counter to go after all we being the Gen-X girls cudn't afford to make fool of ourselves… hehehehe!!... 5 min… 7 min…10 mins… gone!! Without wasting one more min… gathered loads of courage n asked for the necessary "things"... paid hurriedly… not to worry we girls are pretty good with the money…yup!!... Came out saw a paanwala right next to the shop (symbiotic relationship u see) this time without a flinch bought the cig packs!!... ran into the auto and asked him to be the superman n make his auto fly… and he really did that…. Lol……


Finally we reached our destination. My di n minki di they had already arranged the whole set up….
Didn't take much time to set the ball rolling….

Di n Minki took beer the safest drink (in terms of alcohol content)…I think they knew wot was coming their way (great foresight our elders have)..
Roopsa n Sukanya thou not the regular ones but had the idea of mixing n serving the right way... personally I like beer so I started with that but my frnds took the vodka instead… after finishing of one bottle I was kinda tipsy (sadly my capacity is that low)… after 1 hr we switched to rum... made a peg for each one… we badly wanted to taste it (since we all were first timers)… gulped it down at one go…… hmmmm… our verdict… not bad at all! For the next round we thought of having it neat with cigs n eatables… just like the strong men do...
Cig: di dint smoke… Roopsa, Sukanya had very lil exp. Of it… Minki di a chain smoker... me an infant… nevertheless very courageously took the cig in between my lips lit it... NOW
the big question came up!! Wat to do with it??... I mean how do you smoke??? Thankfully had Minki di to my rescue… Somehow cudn't understand at all as to… how I shud take the smoke... all in??? just a part in?? How long shud I keep the puff in my mouth n then give out….puzzled!!!!! Had very * coughing* experience… Neway without further delay we took our glass of neat rum... eeeeee…. can never forget the burning sensation!...
It was the vodka time now… I did the preparation… more of vodka less of lemon (probably that was the first step towards axing my own feet)… was smoking along side… didn't pay much heed to the repeated warnings from everyone to take it slow…. I went on taking drinks as if they were water …

3 a.m… 2 empty packs of cigs,2 beer bottles,1 vodka bottle…into the dustbin..

Next round: Before that we decided to take a break n shake our legs a bit..only our legs??.. naah..infact our whole body was shaking... 8 on the Richter scale..(such were the movements)!!!

Turn of the dj I mean cocktail….here I was..(being science student experimentation was always in my blood)..took neat rum mixed it with vodka (by this time I was totally tipsy—my acts were justified) lit a cig..that was it!!..the last nail into my coffin……few mins later isha was running in n out of the bathroom ..puking..all over….blv me wasn't a good site... yuck!!! When the washbasin got choked…I was out in the balcony… after throwing up whatever i had… the moment I took my head up…I saw the building in front of me which was in one piece n well grounded all these yrs became two n started swinging like a pendulum… my sister who was with me... took me inside the room n threw me on my bed… did she scold me…don't remember actually…while I was in my bed I kept staring at the ceiling which I thought wud fall upon me at any moment…my bed felt like a moving train..slowly the voices started fading... I was drifting away to my own world where I felt totally weightless ..floating in the space... my mind was without any thoughts... By Jove!! pleasurable experience!!! I kept tossing n turning the whole night… Night?? technically not..

15th feb..
1:30 p.m
… opened my eyes... saw frnds n roomies all fresh gossiping away to glory… For a second I thought the night did not end… but usually nights are dark…isnt it..aah!! Took a few mins to come into my senses.. oh yes!! had terrible… terrible hangover…coz of our adventurous night Sukanya missed her CAT exams that day.. as if she cared….Roopsa, di n Minki di were all fine… after checking out everything I finally raised my head up only to see the ceiling which was at its place…. much to my relief!!never thought ceilings were so impt.....!

My last party with them..

Miss u Guys!!!!


11 comments:

Sam said...

well... well... well...looks like we have a new face of gini revealed for us!! now wot to say abt this???
Umm...... reminded me of my own college days..... u know booze, music (live and recorded.... we were a bunch of musicians, u c!!) a bit of grass, for some.... loads of smoke.... so much smoke on the water literally seemed to be written for that moment!! ah!! BLISS!!
well lady, good to know you are totally one of us!!
The BAD ones!! :D

Unknown said...

i m nostalgic....


and more than that do u knw sumone who has time machine...


i guess its the time i knw where i wanna go ;))))

kuntal saha said...

GUYS... where are the guys... you havent written anything about the guys... OHHHH.... well... well... I got it :-D

I knew that u r tomboyish... but never knew that rest of the girls are also like you... ;-))

The content are really good... although you are depicting a time frame... an incident... but after reading it... we got a fair idea about the different characters around u and how they are!!

This reminds me of 25th december 2004 night in GOA... when I totally broke my neck... ;-D Hope so i will put it in words in near future...

Lastly one thing I need to add without failing to summarize my thoughts about this:

You're only as good as your last haircut

Shruti said...

hi, just saw ur comment somehwere n me here..but enjoyed my trip here..
It reminded of my hostel days..
really miss that days..
Take care..

Unknown said...

hmm.. after reading this am wondering that is this the isha i knew.. is this the isha who is my devi.. i dont think devi's do this.. hehe.. vaise while reading this i was imagining how it must have been.. the world spinning around my devi.. but anyways it was all framed out well and outstandingly written.. you are greatest.. and a hidden talent of writing.. am a fan of yours.. you are my devi.. waiting for more

Shruti said...

Hi dear,
Thanks fr leaving ur wonderful thoughts in my blog..
And wish you dream to open an old age home will definetly come true...
Thanks for the wishes dear..
Take care...

Unknown said...

er.......NICE...lolz....njoyed it..he he..eightly joined d WOLF PACK;)..u rock sweetie

Anonymous said...

wow........ well gini, looks liek you have definitely made the impression around here!!
rock on!!

ratul aich said...

sali bewri kahiki!! talli.......................

hey don't feel bad just kidding. i mean bit serious too....

but this blog is cool!! i will soon write my first encounter with alcohol its of more fun.

check it in www.5petals.blogspot.com

Saurabh Roy said...

That was some party you had. What I really find appreciable is your honest depiction of the incident(hopefully,....I trust you). It would've taken a great deal of courage for me to write that so truthfully. Well I'd prefer to stay a teetotaler I guess..Very well written miss Ray, looking for more from you. Keep writing

Tushar Mangl said...

wonderfully expressed
u really write awesome
God Bless you